Retro Relaxation: Vintage Scarf Eye Pillows

Headaches can be such a...pain! But relaxing with an aromatherapy eye pillow can work wonders. And making your own customized eye pillow is easier than you think...especially if you have a blemished scarf that you can't wear anymore!
I started off with a couple of vintage scarves that couldn't be worn or sold...they had tears/holes, but much of the silky fabric was perfectly salvageable!
I made a 5" X 10" paper template and cut out two rectangles from a scarf.
I cut out two same-size triangles of basic muslin cloth, as well.
I assembled my eye pillow inside out for sewing, sandwiching the two pieces of scarf between the two pieces of muslin.
I double-stitched all the way around, but left a 1.5" opening on one of the short sides.
I mixed up 1 1/4 cup flax seeds, 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons of dried lavender, and 3-4 drops of lavender essential oil in a bowl.
I poured my mixture into the eye pillow using a funnel through the remaining open (unsewn) spot.
And then stitched it closed! Now I have a soothing eye pillow next time a headache strikes.

18 Stunning Backsplash Ideas You Do Not Want To Miss!
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
21 Small Things You Can Do to Beautify Your Home This Weekend
Sadie Seasongoods

• Gail
    Gail

why flax seeds? could you use any other filler? thank you, gail
    • Daisy@TX
      Daisy@TX

Gail you can use dried Buckwheat or uncooked rice as well. I have made these as dream pillows.

• Jeano
    Jeano

I'm thinking of putting freezer paks inside, help with swollen eyes.....

• Bernie Bezar
    Bernie Bezar

Great idea have silk scarves I have not worn in years . would they be able to be heated in the microwave ??