Ana illausky
Ana illausky
  • York, SC

Sidewalk Lighting Turned Outdoor Table Lamp Made Easy!

It starts with a tall vase and 1 sidewalk light. You can purchase at the Dollar store, and Walmart carries them as well for $1.00 and up.
sidewalk lighting turned outdoor table lamp made easy, crafts, lighting, outdoor living, repurposing upcycling
To hold my light in place I filled the jar with sand. You can also use pebbles, soil, or glass pebbles (also found at the Dollar Store) to hold light in place.
Insert light fixture threw hole. You can secure the lip of fixture with bonding glue at the top where the top of light and globe meet. If you have this type of globe, I found that the clip over the globe ones work the best! No glue!
I decided for Spring to go with this pastel pink, which I took further by applying glass spray to give a Mercury glass look. Check out my Blog on how to here on Hometalk!
Here she is added to my spring porch decor.
At night it has a nice glow on my porch, and during the day a cute look without those messy cords.
Ana illausky

• Ard7370318

Is your porch covered and if not how do you keep your lampshade from getting wet and ruining your pretty lamp? Is your shade plastic instead of cloth? Just love your lamp ideas. I just got finished making two pretty table lamps out of some old ornate resin lamp bases I had and no longer used. Since my shades were silk I decided to take the cloth off the frames and glue dollar store clear plastic bowls to those frames. I had to use those frames because they came with those cheap lamps and the lamps didn't have hoops on them. These frames fit under your light bulb. Instead of using a solar light since we have so many shade trees I opted to use battery operated push on lights. I painted my clear bowls white once dry I took a straight tipped soldering iron and melted small holes around the bowls edge then hung acrylic crystals in each hole. I topped the lamps with pretty lamp finals I got at Hobby Lobby that matched the color and style of my ornate bases. Even hubby had to admit that once finished my lamps looked really cute even though he gave me guff the whole time I was making them. I did paint several coats of paint both inside and out on my bowls. The press button lights give out a little bit more light then solar lights do and later on I may change them out for the remote controlled lights but pressing them on is no big deal. I'm hooked now and may copy some of your cute lamps as well! Thanks for sharing!

• Ard7370318

Wow I went to all that trouble making shades out of clear plastic bowls not knowing I could just spray paint my shades then spray a sealer on them to protect them from the elements! I'll remember this tip! Thanks Ana