Love & Zen
Love & Zen
  • Bellmore, NY

How to Turn a Dry Sink Into a Bar

Recently, I came across this small dry sink at an Estate Sale. I have always wanted to paint one and make into a more modern accessory than it was previously used as.
Most people who have them just use them as storage and I have seen some as plant stands and was recently asked to turn one into a baby changing table.
It wasn’t until my dad saw it when I finished painting it and said he wanted to buy it and used at as a bar that I looked at it in a whole new light. It has two cutting boards that pull out on each side that are perfect for a bar.
As you can see on the outside, it wasn’t in terrible shape but the top was destroyed.
I first took off the doors and hardware off and gave it a light sanding. I didnt sand it down all the way because I knew I wanted to dry brush and distress it. HINT: If you are planning on doing either technique, you want to sand lightly so that when you dry brush or distress it, you see the original color of the wood to stand out through the paint.
After the light sanding, I dry brushed it...HGTV paints from Sherman Williams…LOVE!!! Anjou Pear for the Outside and Gingery for the inside.
After that I distressed it with 200 grit sandpaper and gave it a couple coats of clear wax.
My dad found the wine rack for the cabinet that fit perfect in it and there you have it. :)

Love & Zen

1 comment