Ombre Drip Flower Pots

$10

See how easy it is to decorate plain, inexpensive flower pots for Spring. You can make several of these pots in just minutes!
ombre drip flower pots, container gardening, crafts, gardening, how to
You can easily make flower pots that are as pretty and colorful as the plants you put in them!
I used inexpensive terracotta pots and Martha Stewart multi purpose craft paints.
Just pour the craft paint onto the bottom edge of the pots and let gravity do the rest!
The paint colors will settle into each other without mixing and will create pretty organic lines along the sides of the pots.
Watch this video for a time lapse of the process.

Jessica Hill

• Chris Ismaeil

I Might paint the pots first: in coordinating colors! 💙

Wondering also if you have ever tried doing it w/the pots right-side up, so the paint runs down from the top? Would it work as well? 🤔

• Mary

I'm guessing most of the paint would just drip off since the top is wider than the bottom.

• Jaymie

Will any kind of multipurpose paint work? How long does it take for the paint to dry?

• Vicki

Any brand of multi surface paint would work. Although I will add, multi surface paint seems to take slightly longer to dry, and this would be for indoor only; you would need to spray seal it for outside uses.

• Shelly Wainwright

Did you leave them natural or seal with anything after the pain dried?

• Rebecca

I did something similar with my school kids for mother’s day. They look amazing. Here is a picture of them still upside down and drying

• Hortencia

It will drip faster and better if you add water to the paint