Ombre Drip Flower Pots

$10

See how easy it is to decorate plain, inexpensive flower pots for Spring. You can make several of these pots in just minutes!
You can easily make flower pots that are as pretty and colorful as the plants you put in them!
I used inexpensive terracotta pots and Martha Stewart multi purpose craft paints.
Just pour the craft paint onto the bottom edge of the pots and let gravity do the rest!
The paint colors will settle into each other without mixing and will create pretty organic lines along the sides of the pots.
Watch this video for a time lapse of the process.

21 Stunning Wreaths for The 4th of July
    30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
    15 Amazing Projects To Help Make Your Home Look Fabulous
    Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas
    Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
    15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
    17 Benches You Can Build This Summer
    15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
    15 Unique Father's Day Crafts
    25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
    Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
    30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
    Everything Red For Canada Day
    Jessica Hill

• Jaymie

Will any kind of multipurpose paint work? How long does it take for the paint to dry?

• Jewellmartin

Yes, about any paint will work. The thicker the paint and the pour, the longer the drying time. But the thicker the paint, the more true 3D effect it has.

• Shelly Wainwright

Did you leave them natural or seal with anything after the pain dried?

• Jewellmartin

I just usually use spray polyurethane and I haven’t had any trouble with the paint nor with plants. Jewell

• Susan Lundquist

Would regular house paint work? I have several large ugly pots that could benefit from this technique. Our landfill takes in partially used or unwanted cans of paint and then sells them for $1 gallon. If I can’t get my house’s coordinating colors, I can always tint tans or whites.

• Suzanne

Not a question but a suggestion. Since the post are very porous the paint prob wont stay for long unless you put a sealer in it. I would suggest a cement sealer on them first then do the pour after the sealer is dry.

• Rhonda

You have to seal them I did this without sealing paint started to peal 2 weeks later