Sultry Master Bedroom Retreat

I am so excited to share the progress on our sultry master bedroom retreat. Our bedroom makeover reminded me of “Goldilocks and the Three Bears”. First the bedroom was too sultry, then the bedroom was too cozy. Now the bedroom is the perfect balance of sultry and retreat. Really the only thing sultry about it is probably the paint color, I just got that word in my head and couldn’t get it out.
This is our bedroom the week we moved in. There’s so much wrong here. Hello, the eighties called and would like their pink carpet back! Our queen size box spring didn’t fit up the stairs, so we only had a mattress to sleep on. I wasn’t kidding about the Goldilocks reference. I just realized if you look closely, someone is sleeping in our bed. Our bedroom was anything but restful or sultry.
The first thing we did was the plank wall. It looks amazing and totally changed the look of the room. I painted the walls Wolf Gray by Benjamin Moore in a Matte finish. It’s a slate blue gray color and so pretty, we love it!
The curtain rods are raised and we have new bamboo roman shades with a privacy liner.
The electronics are off my dresser!
I didn't paint the armoire because I am searching for a new one that will be more functional.
I got carried away with the picture taking. If you would like to, you can stop by the blog to check them out.

Kristine(Teeny Ideas)

• Bonnie

Very pretty! I’m wishing I painted my bedroom a darker color now!! Where are the wall lamps from or were they there? I’m looking to buy some

• Gail Salminen

@Kristine(Teeny Ideas) what a beautiful restful and inviting oasis. Love all of your design ideas. Went to your blog for more pics and the attention to detail is astounding. Just the right touch of femininity. Love the bust with the necklace - totally unexpected and so pleasant. The plank wall and the wall colour is wonderful. Great job and thanks for sharing.

• Patricia Kobar Abbott

Love it! Great job!