DIY Lace Curtains From Table Runners

After coming across some lace curtains at Anthropologie, I was instantly inspired. I realized I had a box full of lace table runners left over from our wedding and decided to put them to use and LOVE how they turned out! Not to mention that we were able to use something from our wedding day which makes then even more special. You can view the full tutorial over on my blog.
I only had 4 table runners {I left the rest at the wedding venue} so I laid them out flat to measure how long they were all together. I knew I would basically have double the length because I could cut them in half. Luckily, I had JUST enough, yay!
I then picked up some white curtains that were on sale that I could attach the lace runners to.
I wanted the runners to be a dark navy to match our copper pipe dresser, so I mixed up some custom navy paint with some fabric medium in an old plastic bin and tossed them in there.
Once the runners were dry I ironed them out and drew a line down the middle with a chalk pencil where I would want to cut them in half.
The lace runners were then sewn onto the edge of the white curtain panels.
I love how romantic they turned out and the contrast between the navy and white.

Quick Easter Egg Ideas That Are Just Too Cute
20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas
25 Fun Things You'll Want to DIY Before the Spring Arrives
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
15 Unique Father's Day Crafts
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box
15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
Katie Nathey

• Patricia Ann Morris

So love the feminine lace on these panels. Each project on different window covers is wonderful, unique & though I'm on a budget, I would still give these a shot, as I love that feeling of pride in the finished pieces. Great selection of complete different looks, Thanks, and I just love the balloon shades. Is there anyway to make them room darkening?

• Bbunny42

So does Walmart and sometimes you can find them at this price at Target. They are also good at keeping the sun out on hot Texas days.
  • Har32569817

What was the fabric medium that you used in your paint?

• Anita Sluder Smith

Wow! These r perfect 4 my bedroom windows! We've been n our new house 5yrs now & those windows r still naked! Lol

Mainly b/c I could never find anything I just loved... But now I have!

They look amazing! Thanks 4 sharing this idea!

• Ilene

Thank you. Beautiful result. Not for curtains but I will use your idea for another project I am working on. Ilene