Whole-House Paint Scheme: Stormy Skies

Today we had some beautiful storms in central California, praise God. We are desperately in need of water in the valley, so the storms were a blessing. Where I come from, north-central Texas, we are no strangers to storm clouds, and I’ve always thought they were beautiful.
Paint is relatively cheap, easy to apply, and makes a big impact. The hardest thing about paint? Picking colors! It’s hard to even know where to begin, but I know I want a subdued, neutral/natural feel, with colors that flow from room to room.
If you feel the colors in this scheme are too dark, you can always ask the colorist (is that the right word for the people who mix paint?) to mix it lighter, say by 25% or 50%. I really hope you enjoy this whole house paint scheme!

Shelly@The Domestic Heart

• Amber

I have a metal roof that was a, I guess, a pretty blue. Now it’s old and faded. We do plan to replace it one day. My dilemma is what color to paint my exterior doors to match the now faded roof which looks like a county blue. I have brick that has shades of reds, blacks, terracotta, Browns, and some white. We moved her about a year ago and we knew we would make changes but the folks that designed the house.....well let’s just say I would’ve and you would’ve done different! Can you put a shutter on one side of a window and it look ok? There is no room for a shutter on the other side. Help???

• Krista Murray

would you still recommend the kitchen color with grey cabinets?

• Tina

Love the colour choices . What colour did you use for doors & trim .

• Rav3n

Beautiful idea to pull the paint colors from nature. I'm sure this will be a very calming and happy look

• Alice Shockley

I think it will be beautiful!