Coffee Filter Twinkle Lights

$3.00

NOTE: LED lights are VERY safe and cool. It's why they are now the standard for Christmas trees. I suggest you read up on though if in doubt.
This is another idea courtesy of our daughter Jennifer who's creativity knows no bounds. We are both fans of twinkle lights. She was visiting Roy and I for a week and I awoke one morning to find these lit up on a shelf. The supplies? A string of twinkle lights, some coffee filters, raffia and some green floral tape. The result is a beautiful upcycle decor item. I had her reproduce the steps while I photographed them. Each jenny.creationflower takes about 1 minute to make and as you can see the result is gorgeous.
Twinkle Light Notes: Regular twinkle lights are very inexpensive but they do burn out eventually. I've started buying LED Twinkle Lights. They cost a little bit more but don't burn out which is nice for projects like this. You can also buy the battery operated one's that don't need to be plugged in. All types are linked to Amazon at the very bottom of this post. I buy my LED and battery operated ones there. The cheap one's can be found during the holidays at the dollar stores or pretty much any store.
SUPPLIES:
Twinkle Lights, Preferable LED
Coffee Filters
Green Floral Tape
Raffia Ribbon
The wrapping is a bit tricky but once you get the hang of it it goes quickly. There is a video on my blog post that also shows how to do it.

Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas
3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!
Nancy at Craft Your Happiness

• Sherry
    Sherry

Are the lights on battery pack or plug in?

• Elizabeth
    Elizabeth

Do you use just one filter per light. In the finished photo the “filter flowers” look bigger than the one in your hand. Beautiful project!

• Oldmovienut
    Oldmovienut

I am in charge of our neighborhood's Christmas Party this year and I am going to use this idea with colored lights to decorate the stage where the band plays. Love this!

• Sunshine
    Sunshine

Have used this twice once for wedding decorations and one for a baby shower