DIY Garden Hose Storage

It's the 4th month of our Home Depot Gift Challenge, where several other bloggers and I all take the same item from Home Depot and make a gift for someone specific out of it! This month our item was a 2x4. Let me tell you, there are WAY to many things you can do with a 2x4! But since our gift was supposed to be for a new homeowner, we thought making something to organize a hose would be perfect. Besides, our hose is totally thrown all around our yard and desperately needed somewhere to hang it!
diy garden hose storage, gardening, landscape, organizing, outdoor living, storage ideas
Not only is this project quick, but it's cheap, too! With the supplies you could actually make 2 of them; which is perfect because a lot of people have multiple hoses!
We started by cutting our 2x4 in half, so it was 4 feet tall. I found these awesome utility hooks at Home Depot for like $2.86 for a pack of two. They were perfect for hanging the hose on!
We attached a hook using the screws given.
Then I spray painted the entire thing with a textured paint to give it some more character.
I also added a smaller 6inch 2x4 on top so I could attach a potted plant. Once everything was dried, we nailed the small 2x4 on top.
Then we screwed on a plastic pot. We dug a hole about a foot deep, stuck the 2x4 in the hole, and covered it well with packed dirt. I was afraid it might topple over with the weight of the hose, but it didn't budge! You could also use a square post instead of a 2x4.
It's the perfect solution to a mess of a hose!
To see more details of how to make it, visit my blog!
Amanda @ Dwelling In Happiness

• Candy

This question is about your metal siding. I have, what looks like the same siding, bought from ABC seamless siding, lifetime warranty. Well our siding is peeling terribly on the side that the sun hits, in the afternoon. It started about 5 or 6 years ago, of course the company is out of business, so warranty is no good. Is this happening to yours? If so any ideas on how to do something to fix it? We are thinking power washing it and then getting peeling paint off and then a primer and paint, I sure don't think the paint will last too many years, since I guess this had been baked on or something. Thanks and love your garden hose idea, I will be making a couple of these.