Using a Repurposed Rake to Organize Garden Tools

$0
1 Minute

After cleaning in my outdoor shed, I came across a metal rake head missing it's handle. Rather than toss it in the garbage, it was hung on the wall. Now there is a pretty and functional place to store my garden tools when they aren't being used!
The metal tines act as hooks to hang the tools. Now I don't have to dig through a pile of tools to find what I'm looking for when I'm struck with the desire to garden.
Ahh....don't those tools look so neat lined up in a row? I've added hangers made of jute to hang each one up.
I hope this simple way to organize your gardening tools has given you a little push to get started planting if you haven't already begun. How would you rate your gardening skills?
I'm so much more likely to keep the tools properly cleaned now that they are stored out in the open. It is also so much more convenient!

Jamie

• Cecilia

How do you prevent the rake from tilting once you've hung the tools?

• Jewellmartin

Cecilia, I examined every photo, as I am sure you did, and I only saw one nail holding the rake head in place. I guess the tools are just balanced. I remember the first time I walked into my grandmother’s back bedroom, where it was really cold. She had a whole rake stands against a wall. Hanging from the tines were four of her old stockings, the cuffs rolled tightly and tied at the tops and each held about 4-6 big onions. As a child just learning about poetry, I remember singing for the rest of the day: “I see onions in the toes of my Granny’s hose; hanging from the rake for me to take; but I don’t want to eat any food kept in feet. Shoo wee!” I’ve always loved the idea that the garden was picked clean, waiting for the next season. Best wishes!

• Gel22331443

I have a friend who used an old rake like this to hang in her kitchen, as a wine glass holder. (she placed the bottom of the glass thru the rake, hanging the glass upside down. Very interesting.
  • Char

I hang garden tools (i.e. shovels, hoes, hand cultivator, etc.) on mine. Plus, you'll keep the 'antique' in use for heaven knows how long, without harming it! It retains its value, too!