Patriotic Rag Wreath

$25

Make a no-sew patriotic themed wreath by attaching strips of fabric to a wire wreath frame.
I picked up my fabric bundles over a short period at Hobby Lobby using 40% off coupons. You can also pick up patriotic themed fabric, about 1/4 yard for each theme (make sure you measure), then cut strips. Cutting the fabric in strips was the most time-consuming part of this project. I used a rotary cutter, which made things a lot easier. It will take a lot longer to cut and organize the strips if you use scissors to cut the fabric. Once the strips were cut and sorted in piles, it didn’t take too long to attach the strips to the frame. Overall, the entire project took about 4 hours to complete, including cutting and organizing the fabric.
For this project, you will need 5 patriotic themed fabric squares, 18″ x 21″, 4 of each theme, 18-inch wire wreath frame (4 rows), Rotary cutter and mat, Scissors, and Ruler
Cut each square of fabric into 1-inch wide strips. Each fabric square yields 17 or 18 strips about 21″ long.
Cut each strip in half (roughly 10″ each), then organize the strips in piles.
Starting at the bottom of the wire frame and working clockwise, attach one strip of each color to the frame by tying each strip in a knot.
Repeat the pattern 3 more times for each section on the bottom row of the frame (20 strips per section).
Finish attaching the strips for the remaining rows of the frame but repeat the pattern 3 times (15 strips per section) instead of 4 (20 strips per section).
This will make the wreath nice and full.

Sherry Nappa

• MikeandDebbie

Where can I get the clear measure on top? I have the board and rotary but but I cut thru to the paper board. Any advice?

• Sherry Nappa

You can pick these up at Walmart, Michaels, Joann, and Hobby Lobby. Look in the sewing and quilting section.

• Sirkku

Great to use your leftover fabrics too, thanks for sharing

• Muriel J Moore

I am going to make a wreath using fall colours as well as Christmas colours. Have form already..but I think I will add a foam wreath and stick the pieces into it using glue and a small crochet hook. A wreath for each occasion! I'll be the envy of the other residents.