Cinder Block Cacti Planter

As I was wandering the aisles of Lowes recently, a pair of cinder blocks made their way into my shopping cart. Their intriguing shapes called to me and a project was soon in the works. Come take a look at what they became!

Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
15 Simple Projects Under 30 Min To Get You Ready For The Spring Season
23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
31 Tricks To Help You Fix The Wood In Your Home:
Sarah @ {Home-ology} modern vintage

• Jsm5179467
    Jsm5179467

I live next to a cinder block plant. YEAH! Been designing flower pot walls, waiting for warm weather... HOW did you CUT the block?

• Betty Gossage-Faria
    Betty Gossage-Faria

I think this is something I would like to try. I also, as someone else has asked, how did you cut the cinder block as you have shown ??
  • 11r25968611
    11r25968611

Are there any cacti that can be left outside during the winter? I live in Al.,so the winters are not too cold.
    • Linda Sikut
      Linda Sikut

Yes, but I'm not a cactus expert and don't know the names. A friend of mine has some that look like rounded ears that grow close to the ground. When I asked him if they last through the winter he said they flop over and lay on the ground but in the spring they come back. They also spread but don't seem to get very high, but he's only had them for a couple of years so they may get taller. We're in the Western NY area so it gets cold here, sometimes into single digits. Talk to a local nursery to see what will work in your area, or search online for cactus that will winter over in your Hardiness zone. AL runs from 7a to 8b. Western NY is 7b. The higher the number the higher the winter temperatures. Good luck!

• Sirkku
    Sirkku

Looks pretty

• Beverley Hathor
    Beverley Hathor

Love it but in the UK are cinder blocks are not as good looking as yours they are more rough looking but I did not know there were so many different types I will have to look into it here in the UK