Michelle James
Michelle James
  • Emmetsburg, IA

Thrift Store Coffee Station

$26.00

I made this Coffee Station with thrift store items for the contest. My son is in college and LOVES his coffee but doesn't really have a good place to keep it in the dorm room. So, I chose his favorite color, red and created a space that he can store the coffee, filters, cups and the pot in a small space. What do you think?
I started with these items.
The table and the tins came from our local second hand store and the cups and the sugar shaker are from Goodwill. The cork place mats were a gift from a friend who knew I wanted cork on the top of the table. She got them at Ikea.
I used Americana Decor Chalk paint in Rouge for the table and the Light Satin Varnish in Carbon for the legs. I wasn't sure how the varnish worked and I thought I had purchased the chalk paint. But I did not really notice a difference so I used it exactly as a paint color. The wax went over the top of everything!
The hooks and knobs were from the sponsor of the August's contest D.Lawless Hardware.
This is what I chose for my mugs to hang from. They are so cool. These were placed underneath the table top.
And the Coca Cola Red knobs were used on the lids of the tins to give them the look of a canister
Fun, right? I made a graphic for the center shelf. I knew it needed have something with the mugs hanging above it. I used Mod Podge to adhere it to the shelf.
My husband cut two half circles to create one large cork top.
I hope you like it. You can see more on my blog! I hope you will visit.
Michelle James

• Loretta

I just love it, I love the smell of Coffee, it draws me, this project is very simple to make, I love the whole set-up, it’s prefect for small areas...I’m thinking about doing it. Thanks! Michelle.

• Octavia

Very creative, I'm inspired to do this, I was just thinking of how to create a beautiful coffee station for a Airbnb. Thank you