West Elm Inspired DIY Painted Rug

141K Views
I've been creating West Elm inspired home decor all summer as part of a fun series with some blog friends and today is the final project! I made a DIY Painted Rug and it's a lot easier than you might think!
  • west elm inspired diy painted rug, flooring, how to, repurposing upcycling, reupholster
I found a large area rug that I loved by West Elm but the price tag left a lot to be desired - $400! So I recreated it for a LOT less money!
I bought a large fabric drop cloth and used painter's tape and fabric paint to recreate the design and color scheme.
**Tip: You can use acrylic paint mixed with fabric medium to make fabric paint, like I did!**
The combination of oranges and browns, and the modern design, is perfect for my living space and a great fall piece. Since it didn't cost much to make, I won't feel bad changing it out with the seasons!
For the full DIY with measurements for my own large rug, feel free to visit the blog. This is a great project because you can truly customize it match to your own decor.

Suggested materials for this project:

Placeofmytaste