$2 Thrift Store Tray Makeover!

I found this tray at my local Goodwill for a couple bucks! It was in great shape, it just needed a little updating. I love poinsettias just not on my trays. :) I was able to give it a makeover with supplies that I had on hand,
2 thrift store tray makeover, chalk paint, crafts
I gave it a couple coats of white chalk paint and decided to wrap the handles in jute twine.
I glued the beginning and the end of the strand of twine to the tray with some hot glue.
I love how it came out! I think the twine gives it a bit of a coastal feel.
For complete details and to view more fun, inexpensive project ideas, please visit my site. I would love to have you!
Misty (The Cedar Shake Cape)

• Luvmypeanut

I love the twine! I've recently picked up a couple of wooden trays at Goodwill and once I've painted on the chalkpaint....I've been at a loss what to do next! I am going to try this! Thanks for the idea!

• Lori

I love this. I have a thing for trays and just updated one for my ottoman but I'm just not excited about it. I'm going to do it like yours, especially the handles. Thanks a bunch.