Botanical Art Makeover

$3

I've been busy remodeling my small mudroom home office on a budget. I knew that when I saw this set of botanical prints that I could make them into something new. My original plan was to print a new graphic on each and decoupage. The more I started looking at them, the more I really like the look and the text. They were just so dingy, dirty and yellowed. Just cleaning didn't do the trick. I figured that I could experiment a bit and if that didn't look right, I'd go with my original plan. style ating
Little effort equals a big change in my French Farmhouse home office makeover which is still a work in progress.
Here is the before. They were very yellowed and dirty looking. The entire set was $3!
The bottom print has white wash the one above and the others have not been painted yet. Visit my blog for the complete how to!
After they were white washed, I painted the outer edges with liquid gold.
I love the new look! They are subtly vintage. My office is gradually becoming a space that I love. The new wall color has made a big difference going from green to a light neutral really brightens the space.

Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
15 Perfectly Round Tables
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
Christy @ Our Southern Home

• Carolyn Noyer

What is white wash and where do you get it?

• Annie Doherty

I also used watered down latex paint to white wash, it can be used successfully on a wooden piece that just needs a bit of cheering up. Incidentally, I have used paint watered down and mixed with a tea solution for something you want to 'age' works a treat, I then finish with a matt varnish to seal.

• Betty Sides

Lorrie, I love the botanicals you showed, I would like to see the entire picture book, would that be possible? Thanks so much! Betty New Sides, Lewisville, Tx

• Lillian

What does whitewash actually do to the picture?

• Elaine Duncan

I really appreciate the simplicity of your solutions!! Love the gold edging...elegant, perfect. I just can't help wanting to rescue some of the things I get that special inspiration from!! Thanks for sharing this.

• Lorrie

I have those very botanical prints for sale on kijiji kelowna canada under pictures. Sorry about the lighting on them I was trying to get away from the glare. They are brightly colored and detailed.

, 8 unique botanical floral pictures 12 in long by 8 inch wide Look great as a wall display vibrant colors 40 00 for all
  • See More
  • TnKaren

Hi Lorrie, I see your post is almost a year old but, was wondering if you still have these floral prints, and how can I order them? Thanks