Botanical Art Makeover

$3

I've been busy remodeling my small mudroom home office on a budget. I knew that when I saw this set of botanical prints that I could make them into something new. My original plan was to print a new graphic on each and decoupage. The more I started looking at them, the more I really like the look and the text. They were just so dingy, dirty and yellowed. Just cleaning didn't do the trick. I figured that I could experiment a bit and if that didn't look right, I'd go with my original plan. style ating
Little effort equals a big change in my French Farmhouse home office makeover which is still a work in progress.
Here is the before. They were very yellowed and dirty looking. The entire set was $3!
The bottom print has white wash the one above and the others have not been painted yet. Visit my blog for the complete how to!
After they were white washed, I painted the outer edges with liquid gold.
I love the new look! They are subtly vintage. My office is gradually becoming a space that I love. The new wall color has made a big difference going from green to a light neutral really brightens the space.

Christy @ Our Southern Home

• Carolyn Noyer

What is white wash and where do you get it?

• Annie Doherty

I also used watered down latex paint to white wash, it can be used successfully on a wooden piece that just needs a bit of cheering up. Incidentally, I have used paint watered down and mixed with a tea solution for something you want to 'age' works a treat, I then finish with a matt varnish to seal.

• Betty Sides

Lorrie, I love the botanicals you showed, I would like to see the entire picture book, would that be possible? Thanks so much! Betty New Sides, Lewisville, Tx

• Lillian

What does whitewash actually do to the picture?

• Elaine Duncan

I really appreciate the simplicity of your solutions!! Love the gold edging...elegant, perfect. I just can't help wanting to rescue some of the things I get that special inspiration from!! Thanks for sharing this.

• Lorrie

I have those very botanical prints for sale on kijiji kelowna canada under pictures. Sorry about the lighting on them I was trying to get away from the glare. They are brightly colored and detailed.

, 8 unique botanical floral pictures 12 in long by 8 inch wide Look great as a wall display vibrant colors 40 00 for all
  • See More
  • TnKaren

Hi Lorrie, I see your post is almost a year old but, was wondering if you still have these floral prints, and how can I order them? Thanks