We have a great guide for you today! An easy homemade oxygen bleach for your laundry with science based tips to make sure you get the most of out of this solution!This DIY is specifically for clothes. The ratios were created for this type of surface. Be sure to read our post on hydrogen peroxide (https://chemistrycachet.com/uses-for-hydrogen-peroxide/) for more information on other surfaces!
Homemade Oxygen Bleach for Laundry
- 1 cup washing soda (Questions about washing soda and where to buy? Just visit the blog post link )
- 1 cup 3% hydrogen peroxide
- 2 cups hot water
- Add the washing soda to a large bowl or jar, then pour the hot water on top.
- Stir it around until combined.
- Add in the hydrogen peroxide and stir again.
- Add this solution to a large bowl to soak your clothes in.***
- Top with more water to make sure the surface is covered.
- Soak for 20 minutes.
- Rinse the clothes, then add to the washing machine to wash on
Curious if it really works, simply click the link above and read some of the readers success stories already.
Picture Guide for Soaking Clothes
Step 1: Add solution and clothing article to a bowl.
Step 2: Top with water.
Step 3: Soak for 20 minutes.
Step 4: Rinse it well with cold water.
Step 5: Let it air dry or add to a dryer. You can also add it to a normal washing cycle and wash it normally
Don't forget to click on the blog post below to head right to our website and get important science based alternatives on chemistry cachet.
Donna Glenn on Aug 20, 2021
Hydrogen Peroxide is awesome to use for alot of stains especially blood, my daughter use to have nose bleeds,so I would keep the peroxide in a spray bottle
And spray the item and let it sit ,it would dissolve the blood and dies not break down the material like bleach would or fade it
Judy on Aug 20, 2021
Yes, you may use it on your colored clothing. I have a plastic dishpan, that I use for this and I fill that pan almost to the top and I add about 1/4 cup of Hydrogen Peroxide and swish it around then put my stained clothing in there for 15 minutes. I use the timer on my oven that way I know I have something to take care of and it doesn't accidently sit all day. Ladies, I buy this at the Dollar Tree!!! along with other products, love the Tree!!