How do you remove the pink mold stain from shower curtain?

+6
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Sep 15, 2017
    Wash it in white vinegar

• Rose Broadway Rose Broadway on Sep 15, 2017
    I have tried several things to remove it and failed. For many years I buy a nice shower curtain I like, then every few month I get a $1 plastic shower liner at the Dollar Tree. Keeps it nice and clean at all times.

• Nana Amy Nana Amy on Sep 15, 2017
    I put my shower curtain the the washer with hot water, Tide and vinegar. It always comes out clean. I also wash it about once a month to keep it clean.

• Wash it. I use liquid detergent, a couple scoops of baking soda and vinegar in the fabric softener cup. If you wash a brand new shower curtain before hanging up, it is less likely to mold or mildew.

• Babette Babette on Sep 15, 2017
    Take it down and throw it in the washer with some towels. You can put it in the dryer on the timed setting for about 10 or 15 mins. Ive always done this and it works fine. If you dont want to dry it you can shake it out and hang it up wet and let it air dry.

• B. Enne B. Enne on Sep 15, 2017
    About once every couple of weeks, after the last person showers, I put a bucket in my shower with warm water and a bit of bleach, and put the bottom 1/2 of the curtain still hanging in it, and let soak till the next day (you don't have to leave it that long). It works really well. I wash it in the washer when the seasons change. If you have a shower curtain with magnets in your tub, turn the hem side out, it makes a huge difference, because it isn't wet all the time. Some people cut the hem off. Polyester curtains mould less often too.

• KattywhampusLOL KattywhampusLOL on Sep 15, 2017
    Good Afternoon Linda Berendse :) The pink "mold" is actually an airborne bacteria that causes respiratory illness as well as urinary tract infections and infections where there are any cuts or abrasions on the skin (especially on feet and legs). It feeds off soap scum, feces, shampoo and hair conditioner scum, and prefers damp conditions (hence the reason you find it more often in the bathroom, sometimes in the kitchen and occasionally in the laundry room). Below is a link aobut how to remove it from your shower curtains:
    Below is more information about the pink 'mold' >>>

• Ebbjdl Ebbjdl on Sep 15, 2017
    Clean it with shampoo. Get in the shower, and pour some shampoo on a scrubbie sponge, the one that's two sided. Hold your one hand on the outside of the curtain, and shampoo with the sponge on the inside. Start at one end and work your way down to the other end. Also cut the very bottom of the curtain off, it collects mold. You don't need this strip, and all it does is it starts to smell. Now hose the curtain down, and the shampoo will run off along with the mold. Good Luck!

• Pat Pat on Sep 15, 2017
    I do what Babette said....washer with towels....wash with warm water.