How to clean a mirror with vinegar?

+12

Vinegar seems to be the answer to everything. So how do I use it to clean my mirror?

• I use vinegar and water. My cleaning lady swears by Windex.

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Mar 16, 2017
    I use white vinegar and water 50/50 with a soft microfiber towel.

• Vinegar water. Magic eraser if there is grime on it. Use microfiber or newspaper to shine it up.

• Txlakegirl22 Txlakegirl22 on Aug 06, 2017
    I use white vinegar too, but I find coffee filters work best for shining the mirror

• Luida English Luida English on Mar 11, 2017
    white vinegar
    apply with a paper towel or rag dampened with white vinegar, polish with a lint free rag or papertowel. also good for places that need antibacterial cleaning!

• A white vinegar and water mixture should clean it, just don't get any on the frame. If it's cloudy or has black spots, the 'silver' has been damaged.

• Judi Judi on Apr 11, 2019

1/4 cup rubbing alcohol

1/4 cup white vinegar

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Apr 12, 2019

I think that either alcohol or vinegar would work. I personally use vinegar on the windows. I have never mixed them together, they both pretty much do the same thing, the alcohol just makes it dry faster.

• Jcraw Jcraw on May 06, 2018
    Vinegar and water, maybe with a half drop of Dawn if they’re nasty. I scrub with old white socks and buff with old T-shirt’s (or coffee filters).

• Virginia S. Virginia S. on Jan 19, 2019

I use vinegar with a squeegie.

• Sheryl Sumpter Sheryl Sumpter on Mar 20, 2017
    white vinegar and newspaper

• S.h. S.h. on Apr 23, 2018
    Try using plain water with a little vinegar and using lint free cloths to aply and dry. I also use a squeegee to save time. Commercial spray cleaners leave a film for me also.

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Apr 23, 2018
    white vinegar and water 50/50 a dab of blue dawn dish soap and a dab of jet dry, micro fiber cloth

• Mary Johnson Mary Johnson on Apr 30, 2018
    Mix 1 part hot water and 1 part vinegar. Either use a squeegee or bunched up newspaper. If you use the squeegee continue to wet it slightly as you go along. Newspaper print is great fo cleaning windows but you'll definitely want to use rubber gloves because other wise you will get newsprint all over your hands. For windows it's best to do it on a cloudy day rather than a sunny ay. For mirrors, of course, any time is O.K.

• Cynthia H Cynthia H on Sep 09, 2019

I use vinegar and water or vinegar gel. Microfiber cloths and a squeegee will remove the cleaning products. My trick is to go horizontal drying outside and vertical on the inside so I can tell where any streaks are.