DIY Mini Gumball Machine Valentines for Kids
Learn how to make DIY mini gumball machine valentines for kids this Valentine's Day. This easy to make mini gumball machine is the perfect Valentine for your little mini me’s!
Kids absolutely love these replica gumball machines filled with multi-colored gumballs or Valentine’s day candy. Plus they’re simple and easy to make. Discover what you need to make these easy valentines for kids. Plus download the free printable valentines to gift with your Valentine's Day gumball machines.
If you’re kids love gumballs and bubblegum as much as I did growing up (and still do!) then this Valentine’s day craft for a mini gumball machine is a must! These are such easy DIY valentines for kids. You can make this craft project in multiples if you have several children at home. Or even create groups of these gumball machines for your kids to give as homemade valentines for their classmates or friends.
Children can also help with this Valentine’s day craft. Tweens and teens can take over this project entirely. While younger kids can assist with some of the simpler steps for this project. If you have a toddler at home, they can assist by placing the heart shaped stickers onto the mini gumball machine at the end. They can also help fill the clear plastic ornaments with the gumballs. Just be sure they don’t sneak too many in the process!
Supplies for Making Mini Gumball Machines
Not only are these DIY mini gumball machine valentines for kids easy to make, you won’t spend a ton on materials and supplies. Here’s what you’ll need to make DIY mini gumball machines.
- Multi-colored Gumballs
- Clear Fillable Round Ornaments
- Red Solo Cups
- Heart Shaped Stickers or Scrapbook Paper
Tools Needed for this Valentine’s Day Craft
In addition to the supplies for these easy DIY valentines for kids, you’ll also need a few tools to complete the project. Here are the tools need to construct your DIY mini gumball machine for Valentine’s day gifts.
- Hot Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Rubber Band
- Sharpie Marker
- Tape or Glue Dots
How to Make Mini Gumball Machine Valentines
- Make the base for the gumball machine first. Place a rubber band around the center of the disposable red cup. Then use a permanent marker to trace a line onto the cup along the rubber band.
- Remove the rubber band from the cup. Then cut off the top half of the cup along the line you just drew using a sharp pair of scissors. Set the cup aside.
- Now open the clear fillable plastic ornament by separating the two halves. Fill the ornament with as many gumballs as it will hold. Place the two sides of the ornament back together and secure with a small piece of tape.
- Use the scissors to cut a slit into the bottom of the cup. Flip the cup over so the bottom of the cup is faceup, while the open side of the cup is face down. Then place the ornament onto the cup so the loop on the top slides into the slit you cut.
- Now use a small amount of hot glue to secure the ornament to the cup. Apply the glue to the inside of cup where the ornament loop pokes through.
- Flip the cup back over so that the cup is the base for the mini gumball machine with the gumball filled ornament on top. Then add stickers to the base of the gumball machine.
- If desired, print out the printable valentines for kids to attach to your Valentine's day gift.
If you'd like to attach a valentine to your Valentine's Day gift for kids, you can find my free printable valentines for kids here.