Garden Decor: Terra Cotta Garden Mushrooms
Make your own cute garden decor simply and inexpensively! Here’s an easy step by step tutorial on how to make these DIY Terra Cotta Garden Mushrooms to brighten up and add a touch of whimsy your gardens.
This easy to make garden craft can be created using old Terra Cotta pots, or new terra cotta pots if you do not have any old ones. Recycle what you may no longer need, or grab a cheapie at your local gardening center!
This easy to make garden craft can be done using old Terra Cotta pots, or new ones. Recycle what you may no longer need, or grab a cheapie at your local gardening center!
• Cover your work area in case of spills.
• Squirt several tablespoons of red paint onto an art palette or paper plate.
• Using a foam paint brush, paint your terra cotta pots and bottoms with your red paint and let dry completely (these dry super fast).
• Note: Read glue directions before beginning this portion of the project. You want to be in a well-ventilated area, and cover the surface of the bench or table before applying. If you use the marine goop make sure you cover your surface before applying - I strongly urge people who live in a humid area or near the ocean (learned my lesson on that!) to use marine goop. It seems to hold anything.
• Once the terra cotta pot and bottom are dry, place a little glue around the bottom of the terra cotta pots and press the bottom onto the top to look like a mushroom.
• Now you can paint white polka dots onto the top of your mushroom using your white paint and a small paint brush.
• For more durability, you can spray with a sealant.
Want more details about this and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!
Published April 8th, 2017 10:48 AM
2 of 21 comments