I found a stack of old pie tins for next to nothing at the thrift store. I mean who doesn’t like a good deal right?! I used most of them for paint trays, but then was excited to do this DIY and share it with you.
- What supplies you need for your rustic clocheold pie tin
- wire cut to how tall you want your cloche and how many you want
- hole punch
- Spanish moss- https://amzn.to/2NmgTaK
- old rusty bed spring
- birds nest- I got mine from Hobby Lobby
- I used a printable on card stock for the tag
- hot glue
Steps to create your own
- Punch holes in rim of pie tin. My tin was thin enough that I was able to use a regular paper hole punch.
- Place wire in each hole and wrap around rim to secure in place
- After each wire is secured to pie plate, gather them at the top and secure. I used the wire to wrap around and hold. You could use a piece of jute or ribbon if preferred.
- I used a pencil to make a curl at the top wire that was hanging over.
- Hot glue spring in bottom of pie plate
- Place Spanish moss around bottom of spring
- Hot glue birds nest to top of spring
- Add ribbon and tag at top to your liking
You can click HERE to view the quick video tutorial.