Dollar Store DIY Framed Textured Wall Art | Moss Wall Art
DIY'ing your own artwork can be an inexpensive way to add some style to your home. In this project, I'm entirely using dollar store materials to create some hyper cute textured wall art. I'm always a big fan of anything with texture! I feel like this project gives you another idea of some uses for faux moss that is not typically done. You can create one, a set, or an entire gallery wall within a tight budget. The great thing about this project is that it doesn't require a lot of materials. Keep scrolling to find out how I made this modern statement wall art.
Dollar Store DIY Framed Textured Wall Art | Faux Moss Wall Art
Materials: (I got all these materials from the dollar store except the Glue Gun and sticks)
- A Large Frame
- Faux Green Moss
- Metal Word Sign
- Hot Glue Gun with Glue Sticks (I already owned)
- Start by detaching a large frame. Unclamp the tabs in the back of the frame like you're inserting a picture and put everything to the side except the cardboard insert.
- Work in sections to add hot glue on top the of the cardboard insert and then adhere the faux green moss to the cardboard insert.
- Keep adhering the faux green moss to the cardboard insert until it is completely covered in faux green moss.
- After the cardboard insert is completely covered in faux green moss, then place the cut out border that came with the now disassembled frame on top.
- Grab the metal word sign and use hot glue on the back of the side edges to adhere to the border. (Optionally, I decided to spray paint the silver metal sign gold to better match the aesthetic I was going for).
- Package the frame back together the way that it came. I added some clear tape for a stronger hold around the perimeter of the back of the frame.
- Then, I cut some rope to use for it to hang. I wrapped tape around the ends of the rope to keep it from unravelling and then I used a staple gun to adhere it to the back of the frame.
And that's it! Now, you have some easily created textured wall art for any wall in your home. You can change the color of the frames and really switch up the look. Tag me @Craftingwithcass on Instagram if you decide to create your own!
Check out the video for more!
- A Large Frame (Dollar Tree)
- Faux Green Moss (Dollar Tree)
- Metal Word Sign (Dollar Tree)
- Rope (Dollar Tree)
- Hot Glue Gun with Glue Sticks (Amazon)