I love making fabric baskets and this foldable fabric storage basket is easy to make. These foldable storage basket are great for storing things in them. You can use them in your closets as pretty storage baskets. They are great for your table as bread baskets.
How To Make Foldable Fabric Storage Baskets
I am obsessed with the lavender pattern on the fabric I choose. the fabric is from France. You can use any contrasting fabric to create something very similar. At the bottom of this post I have some ideas you can use for fabric from Amazon.
- Outside Fabric: I used a lavender French fabric (this fabric is similar)
- Inside Fabric: I used a lovely contrasting French fabric
- Interfacing: I used heavy fusable interfacing
- Sewing machine
How To The Foldable Fabric Storage Baskets.
- You will need a template. I made mine with card stock paper. The template measure 20 inches by by 20 inches. At the corners cut 2 squares of 4.5 inch by 4.5 inch on each side.
2. Cut 2 pieces of outside fabric, inside fabric and interface using this template.
3. Cut the interfacing for all pieces and iron shiny side facing down onto the fabric. You can us a cloth over it when ironing.
4. Sew the sides and bottom.
6.Take the corners by opening them up and sew them. Turned right side of the basket.
7. Do them same with the inside fabric. When sewing leave an opening on the lower right side.
8. Take the outside basket and put in the inside basket which is turned the wrong way.
8. Stitch the top of the inside basket and outside basket together.
9 Pull the outside basket through inside basket the space I told you earlier to leave.
9. Press the basket. Now you can sew the little space inside the basket with needle and thread. Turn over the top of the basket over to show the inside lining. The contrasting fabric gives it such a pretty look. You can fold as much as you want. The lower you fold the smaller the basket is.
Pin This For Later.