How do I get rid of moles in my yard they took my front yard over?

+3
  • Larry Larry on Jul 02, 2017
    Moles are usually attracted to a given yard because they are looking for food. They like grubs in particular. Get rid of the grubs and the moles will leave. Safest way to get rid of grubs is to use Milky Spore. Garden centers will stock a lawn version that you can spread with a spreader. You will have to treat it three seasons a year(Spring Summer Fall) for two years at that point the bacteria (safe for humans and pets) will stay in the ground and naturally kills off grubs for years.

I do believe there are mole repellents available. Never used them though so not sure how effective they are.

On my daughter's yard had a ton of mounds, so before treating the lawn, I rolled the lawn to get rid of the mounds by driving back and forth over it with my car. Can't say it is a good idea for all types of soil as you may compact the soil too much and make it impossible to grow grass.

• Khd9090603 Khd9090603 on Jul 02, 2017
    there are mole repeller products at hardware and garden stores. I thought the grauduals works well. I put the garden hose down a hole and one came out another hole, Chased it out of the yard.

• Shelley Shelley on Jul 03, 2017
    I put used cat litter in the hole and they leave. Sometimes takes a couple times but it works.

• Hillela G. Hillela G. on Jul 03, 2017
    Also they hate mothballs!

• Castor oil or a windmill - they hate vibrations