How can I get rid of fruit flies?

+1
  • Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on Jul 16, 2019

1 tbsp apple cider vinegar

1 tbsp water

a squirt of dish detergent

Take a 20 oz soda bottle, cut it 1/3 way down and unscrew top. Pour mixture in the bottom. Invert the top and place in the bottle. They will fly in and get trapped.

• DesertRose DesertRose on Jul 16, 2019

Remove all fruit or put under glass (I use my cake holder for bananas sitting out). I use Simple Green in all my drains in the entire house. When I have fruit flies I spray every drain including showers sinks in bathroom etc, tubs, everything 6 or 7 times with it. They live in the drains if there is no other fruit around. Once a week I repeat to kill them and keep them gone. Some people put vinegar in a bowl and cover with lid or plastic with small holes poked in top, but it does not rid the home of all of them. My method totally gets rid of them.

• Cynthia H Cynthia H on Jul 16, 2019

I agree with Kathy. What I do different is I place it in a small glass bowl near where I see them. I also clean the sink drain and remove what is attracting them.

• Deb K Deb K on Jan 09, 2022

Hello, hope this helps you out, it has a few methods for you to try

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/home/cleaning/tips/a25042/how-to-kill-fruit-flies/