What is the best way to winterez my home from mice since I live in wd?

+5
  • Hammerhead Hammerhead on Oct 08, 2018

I have heard that you can cut a bar of Irish Spring into six pieces and place them around your house inside and out garage crawlspace etc. and it will keep the mice from coming in

• Rose Broadway Rose Broadway on Oct 08, 2018

Dennis can give you some good tips!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WJHvExNyGg

• Judy Judy on Oct 08, 2018

Cover all holes. They hate steel wool but a better solution is the thick metal mesh too. Mothballs are a deturrant and I’ve even used those plug in sonic sound things.

• Kmdreamer Kmdreamer on Oct 08, 2018

Get a cat

• Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Oct 09, 2018

Hi,

One of my neighbors had a rotting shed near our property line that was near our home. We got mice spillover. I took some steel wool and poked it into the garage ceiling where there were some room around a gas pipeline and a couple of other things. I covered it with my old favorite - duct tape. You could do a proper job by using drywall putty or caulk. Either way, the steel wool stopped the mice from getting into our home. If you see any holes in the siding around your home, you'll also want to plug them up. Wishing you the best.

• Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on Oct 09, 2018

Peppermint oil soaked cotton balls will keep them away but you will have to reapply the oil because it's the scent they can't stand.

• Janet Janet on Oct 09, 2018

Get a cat. But seriously they do make traps so they just stick to them once they come in contact with the trap.