Pegboard Creation Station

As part of a Monthly DIY Challenge I participate in with several other bloggers, I had to figure out a way to use pegboard in a project. I decided to turn a nasty wall in my garage into an awesome Pegboard Creation Station for my kids! It's a great place where they can be creative without worrying about making a mess!
pegboard creation station, chalkboard paint, crafts, garages, organizing
Look at what I started with, people!! It was a pegboard that was so old it was disintegrating, and a random board that was dinged up and discolored!
I hung a new piece of pegboard (ALL BY MYSELF!! GIRL POWER!!), and taped it off into a random pattern.
I painted it in rainbow colors and then painted the boards with chalkboard paint. After everything dried, I hung up some pegboard accessories and created a banner paper dispenser with a large dowel and two pegboard hooks.
I added a little hook to the side of the chalkboard wall so that the supplies being used are within arms' reach for my kids.
They absolutely love it! Drawing with chalk is a big hit, as is coloring and painting pictures on the banner paper!
Although I did this in my garage, you could really recreate it anywhere you have a free wall! If you're interested in seeing more photos and checking out the other awesome pegboard projects my friends created, please visit my blog at the link below. I love new visitors!
Bre @ Average But Inspired

• Hannah V

What a great idea! Totally showing this to my sister in law who is a soon to be new mommy :)

• Bre @ Average But Inspired

@Hannah V Aw, so exciting for your family! I bet you will be a proud auntie! :-) Thanks so much for sharing this on FB!