Sabine Schmidt
Sabine Schmidt
  • Hendersonville, TN

DIY Sock Pumpkins

These sock pumpkins can be great as a Thanksgiving centerpiece or Halloween decor.
diy sock pumpkins, crafts, halloween decorations, repurposing upcycling, seasonal holiday decor
To celebrate the beginning of fall, I made these sock pumpkins.
If you’re sort of familiar with my blog you know that I like to incorporate items I already have at home.
Old socks or wool knit hats, pillow stuffing, sticks, thread, needle and glue are the items you'll need to make the pumpkins.
Start by cutting the long socks in half. Turn the part with the two openings inside out and tie the top with thread. Now you have two pieces to work with.
Stuff the sock with pillow stuffing. Next, take a needle and VERY LONG thread and put it through both sides of the top of the sock.
Take the needle and stick it through the middle of the pumpkin until you come out on the opposite side.
Wrap thread around pumpkin to create a ridge. After your first ridge, take needle and thread and stick it through the middle again. Repeat the process until you have four or five ridges.
Glue on the stick.
I think a chunky wool knit hat would be perfect for larger pumpkins.
Sabine Schmidt

• Kimmy Goetz

Soo cute, love it...what a fun way to get rid of the single socks that I have on hand!
  • Elaine

You did a good job! The velvet ones are very nice and I like the contrast of dressy (the velvet) with the casual (the natural or faux stem) ... BUT I really like the rustic-type look of the texture of the sock combined with the wooden stem!

They go together like ham and eggs!