DIY Copper Wedding Anniversary Present From Wooden Planks

Making special presents is something I love to do. As it was our wedding anniversary coming up I decided to make something nice for my husband instead of buying a present in the shop. I always try and go with the tradition and this year it was 7 years - copper & wool traditionally. I decided to make a wooden sign with carved personal details and some copper detailing.
I used plywood for the backing and glued wooden planks on top.
I then traced and carved the details I wanted on.
I then stained the wood using some woodstain (and actually used the gloved this time, which I learnt from my gold spray paint project!)
I added some copper olives that I bought from the DIY store and cut them open to have the illusion of two rings together
and this is the sign I made.

Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
18 Ideas to Keep You From Feeling Blue
21 Stunning Wreaths for The 4th of July
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
15 Amazing Things You Can Do With Paint Stirrers
From Evija with Love

• Fred Madsen
    Fred Madsen

First is "why" . Second is did you do this with a pattern? because I could not, I am too

'straight lines'. I wish that I could see the way you see.

• Cynthia Speetzen-Thoma
    Cynthia Speetzen-Thoma

Did you use a dremel to carve? The directions are very vague. Great outcome though.

• Patty V. Y
      Patty V. Y

I just received, the "WORKX MAKERX" collection, seen advertised before this last holiday season. LINK BELOW

It all is seperate tools, lightweight, easy to hook up into a rechargeable 20V battery hub. Engraving, Wood, Leather Burning tool is one, Cutting, Sanding, Paint Sprayer, Heat Gun, Soldering Tool, etc.

https://www.worx.com/

• Em
    Em

I am sure I am not the only one that had no idea what copper olives were. Would be helpful to explain materials so we don't have to stop mid project and look them up.

• GeorgiaBulldogsFan
    GeorgiaBulldogsFan

This is a beautiful piece! I have a Dremmel multi tool and never used the part for embellishing letters. Now I have several projects on using is right now. Thanks for the inspiration!