Barb C
Barb C
  • Mayfield, MI

DIY Candy Jar Birdfeeder

$5.00

I created a birdfeeder from a candy jar I bought at Goodwill and a glass vase from the dollar store. I painted the candy dish with transparent glass paint. I added marble filler to the inside of the vase. Then glued them all together. Take your wire and beads and make a hanger for it. You can find a detailed tutorial on my blog of this easy, unique birdfeeder.
My candy jar bird feeder hanging on my front porch.
A view from the top of the bird feeder ready to hang.
Barb C

• S koch

What paint did you use for the glass and how did it hold up in the weather? Did you need to bake the painted glass to set it?

• Barb C

Hello- I used Plaid Gallery Glass paint. it held up well because it was hanging from my covered porch. Not sure it would do so well if it was in the elements everyday.

• Shaza Lee

this feeder is very beautiful. great idea. but I am concerned about how it will drain if it is rained upon. seeds will get moldy very quickly when allowed to remain wet.

• Crystal Osborne

very much fun to see this done,might give it a try.