DIY Framed Farmhouse Wall Blackboard Chalkboard

There is something about being able to draw on someone's walls that is so inviting.
We didn't know what to do with our half bath. There were high ceiling and it was a blank canvas. I didn't want to go out and purchase standard artwork. We finally decided on a wall chalkboard. I know....seems like a weird place to have one
I have to admit I t's fun looking at all the new scribbles that show up. We entertain often and this is the guest bathroom. What a fun way to get everyone to let them hair down and write anonomously. No haters here.
This project was rather easy.
I purchased a quart of Krylon Blackboard paint at 40% from hobby Lobby. I measured out my blackboard area and blue taped the space to paint. I did three coats.
In the meantime, I ran to Home Depot and purchase 2 X 4s cut to my dimensions (which they cut for free) Not mittered ends. Top and bottom were overlapping side width. I painted "L" brackets Matt black and used them for securing frame to wall. But before that, I stained the wood with Minwax dark walnut stain.
If you do paint a wall into a chalkboard, just make sure you prep your board before drawing (covering entire board with chalk and erasing).
Decided to draw something catchy to make my friends "want" to draw and it worked. There is a continuous scrabble game, hangman, quotes, drawings, etc... Soon I'll have to erase it to prep my board for the holidays.
Oh, and don't worry, I have this posted in that same bathroom with lots of hand sanitizer too.
Blackboards remind of our childhood. If you have space in your home for one, it's great for children, crave souls, and friends. It's especially great for holidays too.
And don't forget, if you do decide to have a blackboard wall, invest in these essential tools for great chalking

• Julie Moyna

I never knew the ending to that poem! I'm dying! ROFLMAO! That made my day! Cute idea too!

• Mish Volonino

It's funny what people draw and write when no one is watching or knows who is responsible