The Easy Way to Make Scented Pine Cones

You know those scented pine cones you can buy in the store? Well, as much as I love the smell of cinnamon, those are way too powerful for me! Still, I love decorating with pine cones, and I wanted the house to smell nice for the holidays, so I went the DIY route and made my own scented pine cones.
I live in the middle of the desert, and although we don't have any pine trees around here, I try to collect some whenever we travel.
So, I had a nice stash of pine cones, and I also had some cinnamon and orange essential oils.
I mixed a few drops of the oils with some distilled water in a spray bottle, shook the bottle for a few seconds, and then I sprayed the pine cones liberally with this solution.
Then, I filled a plastic bag with the cones, and let them sit for a day or two.
When I opened the bag, the pine cones smelled wonderful! I placed the cones into a large silver dish, and now, my house smells wonderful, as well!
You can find more information and tips on the blog. :)

3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?
15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas
Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
Dee M

• Tracey Fawcett
    Tracey Fawcett

Great idea, how long does the scent last? :)

• Margo
    Margo

does it have to be distilled water
  • Bmi32050820
    Bmi32050820

I picked up pine cones from my yard. Left them in the sun for days and picked the seeds/leaves and did my project. About a week later my house was full of weird moths which took me weeks to get rid of

lots of cleaning etc. so does any body know what I should have used to get rid if the larve which I assume caused the moths??

• Carol
      Carol

Put pinecones in the oven on an old cookie sheet for 1 hour at 200 degrees before doing any crafting. It will kill any thing inside çones. Cool then put them in a paperbag and shake well to loosen anything that shouldn't be inside the cones. Craft away !!!