Lighted Potpourri Jar

I love scented candles, especially during the holidays, but they tend to make my allergies flare up. And, with the kids around, I'm always extra cautious when it comes to having candles around the house. So, I made this lighted potpourri jar, which smells wonderful and add some extra warmth to the room!
I headed to the craft store and purchased some large mason jars, vase filler, fall ribbon, burlap and some strands of mini lights. For this project, you'll also need fragrance oil or essential oil in a fall or holiday scent.
First, I added the scented oil to the vase filler and let it dry. You could also use pre-made potpourri if you want. Then, I filled the jar with the filler and wove the lights inside the jar.
I cut the burlap to fit the opening of the jar, added the ring to hold the burlap and glued the ribbon around the neck of the jar.
That's it! I keep the jar on the counter and plug it in at night. It makes the room look so cozy, and it smells great too! You may want to buy more jars because this makes a great hostess gift!
I wrote this as a contributor post at PinkWhen, and you can find more details on the blog.

Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers
3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
Dee M