Flannel Scraps Reusable Hand Warmers

After making a different project using thrifted flannel shirts, I had all these scraps leftover! So I made these adorable reusable handwarmers.
Find the full DIY tutorial HERE!
flannel scraps reusable hand warmers, crafts, repurposing upcycling
Each of these shirts (and more) had been used in a different project, but I still had the sleeves and fronts of each one leftover. I hated the idea of throwing away the scraps, so I decided to repurpose them in a fun, functional way.
Using what was left, I cut out dozens of 4" and 5" squares from each one.
I pinned two squares together, sewed all the way around 3 of the sides, and then approximately 1" in on either end of the 4th side, leaving a small opening and turned it inside-out.
Then, I filled my "flannel packet" about 3/4 of the way full with plain old white rice. I sewed the opening closed and had a wonderful reusable handwarmer- which I obviously did again and again and again!
Head over to my blog to find out what to do next! These make a great hostess gift, favors for autumn-themed parties, or even stocking stuffers closer to the holidays! I even like how they look in my wooden bowl as cozy autumn decor.
Sadie Seasongoods

• Deanne

Make sure you use 100% COTTON FABRIC & THREAD. The polyester & nylon can melt & catch fire in the microwave.

I have several of these I use often, they are wonderful!!

• Tracy

I love these!! Just a thought, while shopping one day I noticed Wal mart had flannels for 3 bucks on clearance!! Just a thought if you cant find any at the thrift store.