DIY Plant Stand

273K Views
Each month I get together with a group of bloggers for a Home Depot Challenge. Each month we have an assigned item from Home Depot that we have to create something with. This month the chosen item was furniture legs.
  • diy plant stand, diy, rustic furniture, woodworking projects
I decided to create a little plant stand with mine. I picked up one of these wood slices from Home Goods. I love the rustic texture of these.
I wasn't sure how exactly I would attach these legs to my wood. The very helpful employees at my local Home Depot suggested that I use top plates. You just screw them to the underside of your tabletop. The furniture legs have screws already in them, so next you can screw the legs right into the plates.
After that, I stained my legs with Minwax stain and that was it. Very easy project!
I used my plant stand to create a plant corner in a recent living room makeover I did for my daughter's off campus college house!

Suggested materials for this project:

TheHoneycombHome