Dr. Seuss Table & Chairs Hand Painted Kids Furniture

My husband and I are big Dr. Seuss fans. My husband loves reading his tongue twisters and I’ve always loved the iconic illustrations. Naturally, we try to foster love for the author in our children. I read them Dr. Seuss almost daily (from our collection of 29 of his books) and when it came time to design a bedroom for my daughter, I seized the opportunity to make Dr. Seuss come alive in our home.
That brings me to this table and chair set of kids furniture. I had been searching Craigslist to find a set for under $20 for six months or so when I came across these at a garage sale. I (secretly) jumped for joy when the woman sold them to me for only $6. I wanted Dr. Seuss furniture for our Dr. Seuss room.
I thought the characters from “Cat in the Hat” would go perfectly on this set with Thing 1 and Thing 2 on each of the two chairs.
I sanded them and began spray painting. When I was done spray painting, I used a roller brush to paint the tops of the table and seats. Then, I hand painted the characters with acrylic wall paint, using black sharpie for the detailing and outlines. This set turned out better than I could have hoped, and it looks great in my kid’s Dr. Seuss room.
I hope you loved this furniture set enough to stop on over to my blog and see the complete Dr. Seuss room!
Thanks for reading!

21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
17 Benches You Can Build This Summer
30 Different Ways to DIY an Adorable Snowman This Winter
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
3 Great Ideas To Easily Upgrade Your Window
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
Everything Red For Canada Day
Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps
3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
Welcome to the Woods

• Val

You guys keeps me inspired..

THANK YOU!

• Flipturn

And to think that I saw this project on Mulberry Street, oh, er, I mean to say Hometalk.