Framed Wallpaper Panels

When I inherited some awesome leftover wallpaper from my aunt and uncle, I knew that I definitely wanted to use it. However, with the possibility of a move in our future someday, I did not want to commit to putting it straight on the wall. So, I whipped up these framed wallpaper panels to showcase this beautiful woods wallpaper.
framed wallpaper panels, wall decor
Supplies:
Woods Wallpaper
Paint Brush
Wallpaper Paste
Credit Card (for smoothing out the bumps)
MDF Board (cut to size)
Decorative Trim
White Paint
Wood Glue
Command Large Picture-Hanging Strips
I started by cutting the MDF board and trim pieces to my desired lengths (with a little help from the hubs).
framed wallpaper panels, wall decor
Next, I measured and cut the wallpaper to fit on the board. Using the paint brush, I applied wallpaper paste to the back of the wallpaper and attached it to the board.
framed wallpaper panels, wall decor
While that dried, I painted the mitered trim pieces and then used wood glue to stick them on around the edges of the panel, creating a pretty frame.
framed wallpaper panels, wall decor
Finally, using Command Strips, I carefully hung the panels on the wall (after measuring where they would go.) They only weighed about 6.5 lbs each, so hopefully they will stay up on the wall without a problem.
framed wallpaper panels, wall decor
The panels are now happily hanging in our bedroom and I love that I can enjoy them everyday. Check out all of the measurements and details on our blog!
Elizabeth Joan Designs

• Esther Marie Hernandez

I like it, it looks good and doesn't look shoddy. Why use the command hooks and not anything else??

• Dahliaqueen

Command hooks work great! On apartment the only way to go and they are always coming out with new products!

• Monique

Great idea especially if living in a rented home/appt. Command hooks greatest invention, aren't they?? 😊

• Bj634147094

I just love it first. But how did you do the way the panel one rised then one not.