Framed Wallpaper Panels

When I inherited some awesome leftover wallpaper from my aunt and uncle, I knew that I definitely wanted to use it. However, with the possibility of a move in our future someday, I did not want to commit to putting it straight on the wall. So, I whipped up these framed wallpaper panels to showcase this beautiful woods wallpaper.
framed wallpaper panels, wall decor
Supplies:
Woods Wallpaper
Paint Brush
Wallpaper Paste
Credit Card (for smoothing out the bumps)
MDF Board (cut to size)
Decorative Trim
White Paint
Wood Glue
Command Large Picture-Hanging Strips
I started by cutting the MDF board and trim pieces to my desired lengths (with a little help from the hubs).
framed wallpaper panels, wall decor
Next, I measured and cut the wallpaper to fit on the board. Using the paint brush, I applied wallpaper paste to the back of the wallpaper and attached it to the board.
framed wallpaper panels, wall decor
While that dried, I painted the mitered trim pieces and then used wood glue to stick them on around the edges of the panel, creating a pretty frame.
framed wallpaper panels, wall decor
Finally, using Command Strips, I carefully hung the panels on the wall (after measuring where they would go.) They only weighed about 6.5 lbs each, so hopefully they will stay up on the wall without a problem.
framed wallpaper panels, wall decor
The panels are now happily hanging in our bedroom and I love that I can enjoy them everyday. Check out all of the measurements and details on our blog!
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. Prices updated as of September 14, 2018 11:06 PM - More info
Elizabeth Joan Designs

• Nes7583638

I bought a picture its beautiful white and black roses gorgeous. I took it to the a craft store and the frame is too expensive!. Can I do the same as you did with the wallpaper?

• Mary Lynn Sharpe

You could take it to a copy shop and have them mount it to foamboard, then do the frame thing. That would be less stressful if you worry about ruining your picture. I'd think it would be a little tricky to get out air bubbles if you aren't used to hanging wall paper. It paid less than $20 to have a poster mounted to foam board.

• Patty Fleege

Where did you get the wallpaper?? Love it!

• Esther Marie Hernandez

I like it, it looks good and doesn't look shoddy. Why use the command hooks and not anything else??

• Robin

Great idea and very well done!

• Patti

Alternative to using wood for the backing: corrugated cardboard or styrofoam. Lighter weight, easier to hang, less dangerous if the piece got knocked down (earthquake, rambunctious kids or elders, pets, aliens 👽 or ghosts 👻).