Wrapping Your Gift With a Gift

It is always nice to receive a gift. But receive a gift wrapped with a gift...that is even better! I found these sweet little deer along with some other stuff at a garage sale recently for next to nothing. They made the perfect wrapping supplies for the Gift Wrapping Blog Hop I was part of. You'll have to check out what my blogging friends came up with!
I started their makeover with a few coats of cream colored spray paint. Paint makes a huge difference!
I decided each deer would become a gift tag of sorts and gave them their own personality.
The first deer got a hand painted monogramed tag with a handmade tassel scarf, which sounds more complicated that it is.
I just wrapped yarn around a wood plank, tied it off and wrapped another length around the top to hold it. I cut the loops and added it to a length of yarn for the scarf part.
I used Decoart Glamour dust for just a touch of shimmer to the deer and his tag.
The doe got a rose corsage made of tissue paper flowers laced with glamour dust and glued to a length of jute rope.
I think the gift inside will be fun, but these little deer can be used for decorating fun as well! I hope you'll head over to the blog to see the other crafty ideas on this gift wrapping tour! You are sure to be amazed at the gorgeous ideas!

Salvaged Living: Decorating & DIY

• Possumsu

Ha, ha, ha, Miriam I, me too. A really cute way to liven up gifts. No bows for me!

• Sandy Hartnett

Lovely idea you have there! Gonna start my collection now! Hugs