How To Make Mercury Glass Ornaments On A Dime!

The secret to this easy and cost saving project starts with Krylon looking glass paint.Clear ornaments.You can find them in plastic or glass.I found glass ones at Walmart(12 for $3.49).The looking glass paint can be found at Michaels, Hobby lobby& some Walmart stores.
Mercury glass ornaments can be very pricey. I choose to make them.I have worked with this product before(check my blog here on Hometalk for Mercury glass pieces.;
This works best outside.Because they are ornaments,I simply made hanging line to begin the process.I also wanted to test pink glass ornaments for another space.
You will need a spray bottle.Fill 1 part water and 1 part Vinegar.Lightly mist ornaments,then spray with Krylon looking glass paint,(do it lightly) wait for 1 min.The look appears quick.Repeat the same process to the look that you like.Let drip dry.
This is after the process repeat twice.For a heavier look repeat and tap with paper towel while wet.
Just love the look of this against my dark tree and clear lights bring them out even more!
For more on this check out on my blog(My Love For Mercury Glass And The Dollar Store).I made 4 dozen with 1 can.

Ana illausky

• Cantito01

Did you spray the balls with the color of your choice before or after spraying with the looking glass paint?

• Hb

I assume they are sprayed on the outside of the xmas ball ? also are the balls plastic or glass?

• Linda

Did you start with the pink ornaments and spray w/looking glass, or did you have to paint the clear ones pink first, then add the looking glass finish ?