DIY Mason Jar Wall Sconce

Just in time for your Christmas / Holiday decorating! Making a wall sconce out of a mason Ball / Kerr canning jar is the easiest project and they really make a statement hanging on your wall! The decorating options are endless and they can most definitely be used year round!
Gather your supplies, which are: clean canning jar (any size works!); board for you to attach your jar/jars too; hose clamp (found in the plumbing department of any hardware store); screwdriver and or/drill if you have one; saw tooth hanger.
The very first thing I did was attach the sawteeth hanger to the back of the wood so it will hang nicely on the wall. On the front, determine where you would like the clamp to be attached -- this is where a drill was helpful to predrill the hole before screwing THROUGH the clamp to attach it to the wood.
Then just loosen the cl insert the jar; and tighten the clamp screw. FYI, I found my jars are very secure if I left the lid off and attached right below the ridges.
Now the fun part -- fill your jars! I'm showing you some vintage Christmas figurines; bristle brush trees; some homemade decorations and Epsom salt for the snow.
To swap out your decor for a change of season, it's as simple as loosening the cl removing jar; rearranging; and screwing it back in place. Feel free to check out my website for Autumn sconces that I also made. Spring or Summer they would look beautiful with fresh flowers -- the options are really endless!

Cynthia - Clockworkinteriors