Create a Custom Indoor Herb Garden Design from Mason Jars

$30

Wouldn't it be fantastic to have a custom indoor herb garden you could hang on your kitchen wall?
This comes in handy when you don't have a ton of counter space. Plus, who doesn't like a pizza with fresh basil and mozzarella (I'm hoping some of you do!!).
This project was inspired by a blog post over at Camille Styles. I modified it a bit (with their permission) by creating an oil rubbed bronze & copper effect on a wood board.
This artistic touch could come in handy for any number of projects. It's a simple & inexpensive technique that you can do yourself.
You can then mount mason jars to the board with stainless steel clamps. This allows the jars to be removed and cleaned if you'd like to add different herbs over time. Way cool!!
So you get fresh herbs and a conversation piece that begs for bragging rights.
Here are some pics of the project for inspiration.
In case you're interested I put together a complete tutorial on how to do this. Here's the link http://www.homerepairtutor.com/custom-indoor-herb-garden-design/
P.S. Feel free to Pin this project onto Pinterest because other DIYers might like to try it ;)
Use Mason Jars to build a custom indoor herb garden
Different angle :)
Different angle :)
You can grow mint, basil, cilantro, etc and easily switch out herbs from the jars.
Create an oil rubbed bronze & copper effect without spending a ton of money.
This is the wood board after painting it with copper spray paint from Rust Oleum
Use a mirror hanging kit to mount your artistic piece to the kitchen wall!!
Home Repair Tutor

• Sarah Pickavance

I love this! I'll be moving in to a new apartment soon and will have absolutely no outside space! I'm already mourning my garden but ideas like this are helping with the grieving process!

• Nancy Forni

LOVE IT DOING IT!!! THANK YOU!