A Pegboard and a Pantry

We have a great pantry in our kitchen. It's one of the best features in our kitchen because it is large and great for storage. I was cleaning it out the other day and thought to share a great tip that adds even more storage - our pegboard attached to the back wall. For more fun ideas and decor inspiration please visit thepainteddrawer.com!
The pegboard is attached to the wall with small nails and glue and is used to store our pots and pans and other kitchen essentials.
Here's my tin full of hooks! It's great that I can add and move them around the pegboard as needed.
Our pegboard was painted in cream but you can paint it in a fun pop of color to add some style to your pantry!

The Painted Drawer by Suzanne Bagheri

• Mandi

Did you frame the back with 1X2 or something so the pegs fit?

• Penny-Marie

I think you would have to have something behind it because you need space for the hooks to be put in the holes. If it's flat on the wall the hooks wouldn't hook on the pegboard. If I get into my own place a pantry with this would be great for the pots, makes more room in cupboard for other stuff.

• Daisy

Where did you purchase the peg board? I can't seem to find it, don't know why no one has them?

• Laura

How heavy of stuff can this hold? I"m considering hanging some cast iron pans on the wall and wonder if this would be strong enough.

• Donna

I hang cast iron on my peg wall, but I use a heavier hook and a peg board with larger holes. Make sure the hook size matches the hole for a tighter fit. Smaller hooks jump out when I remove my pans. Also make sure the peg board is secured well to the wall.👍😊