A Drastic Front Entry Redo, Thanks to a Bunch of Bikes and Old Signs!

While everyone else was busy wrapping presents this fine holiday season, I was busy tripping over fake pumpkins, and stumbling over 2 brand new bikes jam packed into our crowded front entry.
Oh friends... it's just a long story. Basically put, our front entry just got WAY out of hand.
But with the deadline of Christmas, there was no way I could chime in the season with pumpkins that refused to rot and... bikes that refused to look for a roomier room.
So I delayed wrapping, and started shovelling out the front entry, while rolling on some new paint, all the while chanting, "I can do this I can do this..."
And... I did!!! Come and see one drastic before and after... with the help of a few old, quirky signs. :)
Dear bikes, thank you kindly for simply being the last straw...
You have no idea how many times a day I race down and look at this old sign entry way! The next picture will explain why...
Oh goodness. Do you have any idea how hard it is to post a before picture this bad, from someone that actually knows better?
Well, things just got out of hand. The full story is at the blog link at the end of this post. But let's just say, the final turning point was trying to jam in two brand new bikes because (ahem) there was no room in the garage for them.
But that's a whole other story for another day.
Anyway...
I painted the walls pure, crisp white! Straight out of the can!
White is my new thing and I am loving it! I love to use Cloverdale Paint's acrylic eggshell, sold in Canada.
Then created a faux boarded wall using random boards. All the cheater methods are included in the original blog post link below this post. But trust me... this is one easy way to get a really nice look!
Next, I mounted some old boards and reproduction signs I made, to the wall boards. The sign boards will act as hook anchors for complete stability and more hanging options.
The signs were made with my own line of Funky Junk's Old Sign Stencils. More via blog link below.
Next up, we needed some mitten and cap storage. An old ladder teamed up with some old crates and a vintage wicker basket was perfect!
Easy to find all your seasonal gear.
Even the keys got a new home. These cool brass tags were found at a salvage yard.
And then there's the bike issue... yikes. This was NOT working!
Well, the good news is, there IS now room for the bike! But wait till you see how I have it decked out... it's VERY quirky!
Click the blog link below to check it out!

29 Ways To Get A Splash Of Blue In Your House
Keep Your Craft Supplies Organized With These Fun Storage Ideas
23 Surprising Uses for Curtain Rings
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
15 Perfectly Round Tables
15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
Funky Junk Interiors - Donna