Giant Bubble Mirror Tutorial...You'll Never Guess What It's Made From!

I bought a small round mirror awhile back, but needed a larger one to make my entryway really pop. Since I didn't want to pay the money for a big mirror, I searched the house for something I could use to make the mirror larger...and what I found gave me what I needed to create this giant bubble mirror!
Here is the finished product! I love how the bubble mirror turned out! It now has depth and texture and really stands out on the wall.
To make the bubble mirror I cut a large circle out of cardboard, big enough to have a few rows of "bubbles" around the mirror. The total diameter ended up being 32 inches (that's a big mirror!).
It was my mission not to spend any money on this project, so for the bubbles I used different objects I had around my house. Then I simply placed the mirror I already had in the center. You can click the link to my blog to learn about what I used to make the bubbles and the other steps involved.
I'm so happy about how this turned out! Sometimes having to "use what you have" makes you more creative. Necessity is the mother of invention right?

Creatively Living

• Susan

Very well done. Question: did the eggs have a hole in the other end also? Did you not care as they are "almost" invisible? Did it cause problems when painting?

• Creatively Living

There are very small holes on the end, but you really don't even notice them...most get filled in when painting. You could put a dot of hot glue on the inside of the egg to fill it in, but that would likely just be tedious extra work. Good question.

• Maria T Ford

Love your wall also. Did you paint the wall like that?

• Rhonda

How would you use glass beads the round flat ones? Thank you