Giant Bubble Mirror Tutorial...You'll Never Guess What It's Made From!

I bought a small round mirror awhile back, but needed a larger one to make my entryway really pop. Since I didn't want to pay the money for a big mirror, I searched the house for something I could use to make the mirror larger...and what I found gave me what I needed to create this giant bubble mirror!
Here is the finished product! I love how the bubble mirror turned out! It now has depth and texture and really stands out on the wall.
To make the bubble mirror I cut a large circle out of cardboard, big enough to have a few rows of "bubbles" around the mirror. The total diameter ended up being 32 inches (that's a big mirror!).
It was my mission not to spend any money on this project, so for the bubbles I used different objects I had around my house. Then I simply placed the mirror I already had in the center. You can click the link to my blog to learn about what I used to make the bubbles and the other steps involved.
I'm so happy about how this turned out! Sometimes having to "use what you have" makes you more creative. Necessity is the mother of invention right?

Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
Try These Gorgeous Ideas And The Mailman Will Never Miss Your Mailbox!
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
21 Stunning Wreaths for The 4th of July
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps
18 Stunning Backsplash Ideas You Do Not Want To Miss!
3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
Creatively Living

• Susan

Very well done. Question: did the eggs have a hole in the other end also? Did you not care as they are "almost" invisible? Did it cause problems when painting?

• Creatively Living

There are very small holes on the end, but you really don't even notice them...most get filled in when painting. You could put a dot of hot glue on the inside of the egg to fill it in, but that would likely just be tedious extra work. Good question.

• Maria T Ford

Love your wall also. Did you paint the wall like that?

• Rhonda

How would you use glass beads the round flat ones? Thank you

• Norma

Very creative, but I don't like the way the oranges painted. Everything smooth but them. But I'm adding this to my list of DIY's. Building a new house and would love something like this in one of the bedrooms or someplace. Great idea!

• Susan

Thanks so much for showing the final result at the start. Makes your excellent directions even better.