A Great Way To Get Rid Of Scrap Wood ~ DIY Rustic Wood Lanterns

113K Views
I don't know about you, but I have tons of scrap wood and this little project was a great way to use some of it up! We made rustic wood lanterns for our mantel.
Cost: $0
  • a great way to get rid of scrap wood diy rustic wood lanterns, crafts, diy, woodworking projects
They turned out so nice, we decided to make a few more as presents for Christmas.
Hubby was a miter/table saw maniac! He cut all this up in one afternoon!
We glued, clamped, and nailed the frame together. Then attached it to the base. A nail gun made quick work of this project.
These are the lantern top pieces we assembled together.
We attached the top, gave them a coat of paint, and installed a hook on the top. They were so adorable with the red bows!
These are the ones on our mantel. We just love the way they came out! I might even make some larger ones for the porch this summer.
Stop on by The Stonybrook House, for all the measurements and details.

Suggested materials for this project:

The Stonybrook House

• Dee
      Dee Tomball, TX

That is so cool. Love lanterns. Now if I could only learn how to build one or two. Fabulous job.

• Bryan's Workshop
        Bryan's Workshop Japan

Really cool and original! I throw our pieces all the time, I think are too small to work with. I will totally be doing this now! Thank you! Hugs from Japan!