A Little Eye Candy for Your Window

$10

It's been either dreary or snowy when I look out my window so I thought I'd try my hand at Kokedama moss balls and create a string garden.
Traditional kokedama uses a special soil mix which contains clay and that helps hold everything together and provides additional moisture but I did not use it.
I've had plenty of plants do well on their own with the same soil that they originally came from for years.
And wrapped them with waxed twine.
You can also have them on display in a plate or pretty tray. Just keep the plants sun requirement in mind. For the complete tutorial click on the link below.

15 Amazing Projects To Help Make Your Home Look Fabulous
20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
Live Life In Color With These Amazing Ideas For Your Home
30 Different Ways to DIY an Adorable Snowman This Winter
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
Patti @Hearth and Vine

• Carolyn Malboeuf
    Carolyn Malboeuf

What is the moss type sheet that you cover the soil with and where would I get it?

• Carolyn Noyer
    Carolyn Noyer

Can you start a plant like this, in other words put a seed in the middle and have it grow, or does it need to be one already growing? Also are there specific types that do better than others like this?

• Adeline
    Adeline

Will it work in a north kitchen window? How do you water it? I will probably try it. Looks like fun.

• Sue
    Sue

I will also make some! Seems like a beautiful gift for others also!!

• Patti @Hearth and Vine
    Patti @Hearth and Vine

It depends on how much light you get there. The mini orchid did the best. I take them down and soak them in water.