How To Make A Fairy Garden Patio

How to make a Fairy Garden with a Patio.
Choose a container for your Fairy Garden.
Choose a lightweight container for your patio edging.
Cut the lip and base off of the container.
Fill your container up with potting soil, and place the plastic edging where you want your patio located.
I used a package of sand from the Dollar Tree for this project.
Pour sand to 1/2 inch from the top of your container. I wanted to add some texture to my patio, so I added a few rocks from our drive way.
Pour a layer of Ready Mix Concrete over the rocks.
Using a spray bottle, spray water over the cement until the water starts to pool. Let it sit for 1 hour and then spray again and let the cement set up before removing the edging. Wait at least 24 to 36 hours before removing the edging.
Now add your ground cover and Fairy Garden items to the container and invite the Fairies to come play.

Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
15 Perfectly Round Tables
15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day

• Joy Love
    Joy Love

Where do you find your minature figurines for projects like this?

• Sarah M
      Sarah M

@Joy Love I find my figurines at Hobby Lobby, grocery stores that have a Garden department and online.

• Melody
    Melody

where can I get some tiny fairies? I can't afford the one's at Wal Mart. I will not shop on line any more due to ID theft- it cost me more than I can tell. I have 3 grand daughter's who all want this garden. Any suggestions for tiny figures will help.

• Gwen
      Gwen

@Melody close to Easter sometimes the drugstores and Dollartree have little resin pieces of bunnies. I am not into fairies but Dollartree usually have butterflies now for gift wrap that can be the wings. I used a golf tee and marble hot glued for a gazing ball. I used Bobby pins and wire to form an arch. I used a pice of dusty Miller flower and shoved it in the soil to be a tree and it grew! So does Rosemary grow this way! Just a single sprig. Instant tree! I use a mirror from dollar tree if I need to stabilize a little table. In summer I scatter sand or moss or rocks from dollar tree to cover mirror. Table is a piece of wood and smaller narrower wood below. I use tiny clay pots. I've looked all over Michaels, thrift stores, and local drugstores for tiny figurines. Even Michaels had some in their dollar area. Check Targets dollar spot. I used twigs for a tree and glued on green moss from dollar store. I used wire and a small stick to form a tree. For water, I use the blue glass stones. I've made houses from Michaels cheap bird houses. I use little rocks to make the path. I like allysum to tuck and spill. I might use annuals from pony packs to look like trees. Look on Pinterest too. And just play!! We live near the beach so beach sand is great to use as well as driftwood and small rocks!!!

• Claudia Stoddart
    Claudia Stoddart

Where can i find the little faries?