The Easiest Way to Create Unique Chalk Painted Furniture

$0

I wanted to share what I call the Alexander Method, which I named after me, since I have never seen it used anywhere before. I think it is the easiest way to create a really unique look on painted furniture pieces!
I started painting with this method due to the fact that I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and the normal small brushes usually used in furniture painting make my hands cramp.
I start with a large brush like this - it makes the painting quick and easy!
Then I pick out my pallet of colors for the look that I am trying to create on my piece. Aren't these colors fun? I make four little areas close to one another on a painting tarp.
Next, you dip the brush into the four colors like this!
The brush soaks up all four colors at once!
Next I paint the piece like this....
Making sure to create the pattern I want with the colors I have chosen, like this! Isn't that cool?
It's so easy. You blend it by going over it lightly.
You can combine any pallet of colors to get the effect that you want - imagine light blues and whites/creams - for a heavenly blend of the colors of the sky? Or red, yellow and orange in the colors of the sunset? Greens, blues and whites for a landscape? You could use this technique to create a great weathered look with greys, blacks, and whites! It's too easy and makes painting a breeze!
I would love to see what you all create when you blend your own color pallets! To see more of my work, you can follow me on my Facebook page listed below! Happy Painting!

To see more: https://www.facebook.com/Smiles-and-Styles-Dr-Gwen-Alexander-1519931358262454/photos_stream

• Lin32903815

Looks great, did u sand it 1st r can u just paint over any w/o sanding looks beautiful I'm going to try it

• Ram33991306

I also deal with chronic pain, not fun! I'm wondering what clean up is like? I have worked with different kinds of paint & I know some can take more work cleaning up than painting! But I don't much about this chalk-type paint. Is it a easy clean up? BTW, loved your table! And the idea! Thanks for sharing!

• Lisa House

Chalk paint is quite easy to clean up with soap and water. I imagine a home made chalk paint would take more effort to clean up. I use Dawn dish soap and water to clean my brushes, I live with osteoarthritis and Fibromyalgia.

• Joan Deal

Please advise Dr poor and surgeries tited! I have leftover wall paint satin can I use this?? Or add something to make what I have better. I want a border above windows in sun room, help please advise💕🤗

• Barb

I've read that you can add baking soda to paint and it will be like chalk paint. Do an internet search for "homemade chalk paint" or do the same search on this hometalk site. Calcium carbonate is another thing that you can add to paint. The search results will give you the ratio of each ingredient. Good Luck.

• Joan Deal

Please read my help request! I'm a little tired. I need a cheer up 💕

• Theresa

This is super awesome!! I just love it !! Will give it a try on something in the near future. Thanks for sharing !!