DIY Heart Door Hanger

I love thinking outside of the box when it comes to decorating my front door for holidays or seasons. Instead of a wreath for Valentine's Day, my family and I worked together to make a DIY wood heart door hanger.
My husband took some old scrap wood and made a pallet-like heart. He cut the pieces, and then he glued a longer piece of wood on the back to hold them together.
If you wanted to skip this step, I've seen similar hearts in the craft and hobby stores.I couldn't decide how to decorate it. I didn't want red, since we have a dark door, and I wanted something that would really pop.
My youngest daughter is my partner in crime when it comes to crafts, and she always has some awesome ideas. She's also super girly, so when she suggested pink, white and gold, I listened!
We painted the entire heart white, and then, we painted every other board pink. The kids helped with this part since they love painting.
Then, we added a second heart and painted it gold. I love those designs that say "hello" on them, so I painted the word on the front of the gold heart. This took a lot of tracing, erasing and sketching, and it's not perfect, but it'll do!
Hello, Valentine! After Valentine's Day, this girly heart is going in my daughter's room, and she can't wait! You can find more details on the blog!

Dee M